I think I forgot how green North Carolina can get, but it’s GREEN and spring is in full swing. In addition, I think (hope) we’re coming out of the worst of Pollen season, just in time for my parents and Chris’s parents to come stay with us. Our daughter is getting baptized this weekend and it’s been the biggest treat to show them around this place we now call home. We hope they’ve been enjoying their trip as much as we’ve enjoyed having them.
All in all, we’re coming up for air after a very busy few months and bracing ourselves for a busier-than-ever summer. When life gets busy, I try to never forget to savor the little moments or downtime. This is the month that Chris and I started watching Severance for a few minutes together every night. (Think science fiction meets psychological thriller, which isn’t my typical jam, but I can’t stop watching.) The month that our second daughter turned 8. We hosted our friends and both of our parents….
Tree | Plant | Rug | Shorts | Sneakers
And did all of these things, too!
The top can’t miss posts in April
DIY Fake Tree
How My Design Style Has Changed Since Moving to NC
Well, I Found the Perfect Floor Mirror for Our Bedroom
Grilled Thai Beef Salad
Reveal: Guest House Refresh
Home Gym Reveal
Favorite Spring Sneakers
My Self Tanning Routine
Living in These Sandals
Favorite Spring Dresses
This month, I took notes all month on things that made me happy! From new blush, to budget blinds and a game we have played EVERY DAY–here are my personal favorites from April!
1. Perfect Pot $125 Our’s just came and Chris already cooked burritos in it!
2. Merit Blush $28 I have the Cool Pink shade. It’s the perfect poppy cream.
3. The Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Palette $49 Use this every day. My go-to!
4. Hues & Cues $24 We’ve been playing this as a team during our lunch breaks and it’s incredibly fun!
5. Roman Shades $40 These are the shades I hung in the guest house and you can’t beat that price. They look like linen!
6. Flora Spring Square Neck Dress $13o Comfiest. dress. ever.
7. The Cady Lugsole Sandal $118 It’s sandal season and my feet couldn’t be happier in these.
8. High Waisted Dad Short $20 Who doesn’t love a comfy pair of lounge-y everyday shorts? Can’t beat that price too.
9. Astrid Fringe Stool $450 I kid you not, this is a coveted seat in my house and I wouldn’t have guessed it.
10. Kids Checkered Set $22 Two of my girls have this!
11. Round Rug $250 Surprisingly, I’m kind of new to round rugs but this is bringing some life into my entry currently!
12. Packing Cubes $70 Miraculously, these kept my suitcase completely organized on the family trip we recently took.
13. Ebony One Piece Swimsuit $198 There is not a suit cuter than this one. I’ve looked and this is it. Fits like a glove too.
14. Everywhere Belt Bag $38 Another one of my favorite travel essentials. Fits everything I need and I can wear it around my waist, or as a crossbody.
15. 52 Modern Manners for Today’s Teens $20 We recently started focusing on one page a week with our girls.
16. Walli Phone Case $20 Lastly, the first phone case I’ve had that has a wallet and a loop and I’m converted.